Karl had a great conversation with Uri Adoni, the author of a book called “The Unstoppable Startup”, and they discussed why Uri wrote the book, and his explanation of why Israel has such a high successful startup eco-system.
Israel is often referred to as the “startup nation,” and is a global leader in research and development with one of the highest concentrations of startups in the world. As a leader in the Israeli startup space, Uri Adoni has unique insider knowledge of how and why Israel remains a hot spot for innovation and influential startups. Adoni is a former partner at Jerusalem Venture Partners and a veteran venture capitalist, and is sharing incredible insight and practical tips in his forthcoming book The Unstoppable Startup: Mastering Israel’s Secret Rules of Chutzpah (HarperCollins Leadership, September 8, 2020).
- How using the rules and mindset of Israeli chutzpah can significantly increase the chances of success for startups
- Examples of successful startups who used the rules of chutzpah: Waze, CyberArc, CyActive, ThetaRay, Tipa, and more – and what they can teach us
- How entrepreneurs can realistically evaluate a startup idea to determine if they have the passion and focus to see it through
- How to build an MVP (Minimal Viable Product) in a relatively short time and with limited resources, to quickly get market validation
- How to efficiently implement a mission command doctrine to the benefit of a technology startup.
- How to build and manage an early stage investment vehicle
- How to plan and build a successful healthy high-tech ecosystem, honing the 6 pillars of a high-tech ecosystem: talent, funding, multinationals, government support, academia and entrepreneurial culture
- The rules of pitching a start-up in the new Covid-19 environment
In The Unstoppable Startup, Adoni argues that Israeli chutzpah – a bold, can-do, audacious attitude – is what accounts for the nation’s incredible track record of success. With practical advice and real-life examples of chutzpah, he addresses the specific challenges found in each stage in the early life of a startup, and how to apply certain strategies to each step of building a startup. The book features interviews with leading, successful entrepreneurs (such as the CEO of Waze, the CEO of CyberArk, and the Cofounder of Space IL), telling behind the scenes stories that have never told before.
Here is a link to purchase his book when it gets released: